Express Yourself Vocal Competition
The Express Yourself Vocal Competition is an American Idol styled vocal competition for students ages 8-25. For some, it’s the first time they’ve sung in public – for others, its one of many. For all, its part of the journey of mastering their vocal skills. Juried by professional vocalists, students receive valuable feedback to hone their skills. Winners receive great prizes and appear on KGUN 9’s The Morning Blend!
The 2017 Express Yourself Vocal Competition will be scheduled during the month of October. Details will be provided soon!
THE FINE PRINT
1.Please help us to keep our fees low by registering online with a credit card at the links above. If this is not possible, please call (520) 319-0400 or e-mail Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org for a hard-copy application form (with payment by check or credit card).
2. Each contestant may enter one or multiple songs. If you plan to perform multiple songs, please enter the corresponding number of sessions, with one (1) $30/$35 fee per song entered.
3. No a cappella entries. Applicants must provide a CD or iPod track for their song with no vocals on the track (or play their own guitar or keyboard). If you cannot provide a track, contact Karen at email@example.com.
4. Arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled time-range for check-in.
5. The song length for the initial entries is 2 minutes (no exceptions).
6. If selected as a Finalist, you may sing the same song as the initial entry (with no time restrictions) during the finalist sing-off at the Express Yourself Fun-Raiser or you may sing a different selection.
7. Each contestant will receive valuable written feedback from the professional judges. In addition, finalists will receive terrific prizes and the grand prize winner and runner-up will appear on KGUN 9’s The Morning Blend.