TAKE YOUR TALENT TO THE NEXT STAGE
• Local • State • Nationals •
Performed for the public October 2017. Arizona State Thespian Festival in November 2017
International Thespian Festival June 2018 in Lincoln, Nebraska
Produced by Arts Express in partnership with the Arizona Thespians Society
How to Succeed in Business
Dana Milne, Director — AJ Lepore, Music Director — Simone Jolivet-Manuel, Choreographer
AUDITIONS & CALLBACKS
Open to ALL STUDENT ACTORS and THEATRE TECHNICIANS from across Southern Arizona. Must be in grades 9-12 as of the 2017-18 school year.
Auditions (Actors): April 22nd from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Interviews (Theatre Technicians): April 22nd from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Callbacks (Selected Actors): April 23rd from 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Auditions, Interviews and Callbacks at Salpointe Catholic High School, 1545 E. Copper St.
Actors: Please prepare a 30 second vocal selection and 30 second monologue from How to Succeed in Business. Vocal Selections and Monologues will be provided on this website page by 3/31/17
Theatre Technicians: The production team will be working with student technicians in a shadow program to develop technical theatre skills throughout all phases of the production. Students interested in Stage Management, Run Crew, Musical Direction, Choreography, Lighting and Sound are encouraged to interview for positions on the technical crew. If available, please bring your competition binder or portfolio to the interview.
Monday -Friday 7/10 – 7/21 from 10:00 am -4:00 pm; 7/29-9/30 on Saturdays from 10:00 am-4:00 pm; Tech Week 10/1-10/5 rehearsals daily, time and location TBA; Shows Friday 10/6 at 7:00 pm, Saturday 10/7 at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm and Sunday 10/8 at 2:00. Please note: If you have more than two unexcused absences you will be removed from the cast or crew. All rehearsals except Tech Week will be held at Salpointe Catholic High School, 1545 E. Copper St.
ACTORS: $500 Total (includes $400/Student for the Regional Production and $100/Student for State Production)
THEATRE TECHNICIANS: $400 Total (includes $300/Student for the Regional Production and $100/Student for State Production)
20% Discount for all Students that are Registered by 3/31/17!
Scholarships Available for Students that Qualify for the Federal Free/Reduced Lunch Program – CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Please note the following for Actors/Crew:
(1) Auditions/Interviews for the production are scheduled for 4/22 and call backs will be 4/23. If the tuition is prepaid and the student is not cast/selected, the full tuition will be refunded.
(2) The $500/$400 tuition (or $450/$320 early bird tuition) includes $400/$300 for the regional production and $100 for the state production. If, for some reason, the production does not qualify for performance on the state level, the $100 state production fee will be reimbursed by 11/05/17.
(3) The tuition can be paid at time of registration or in 1-4 monthly installments on 4/30, 5/31, 6/30 and 10/31.
(4) All students and families will be asked to help raise money for these incredible opportunities!
AUDITIONS, CALLBACKS AND REHEARSALS WILL BE HELD AT SALPOINTE CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL, 1545 E. COPPER ST, 85719